Love Honored Here!
Create Your Special Ceremony.
A Distinct, Sacred and Welcoming Setting.
Unity offers an idyllic, inspirational place to hold your wedding or commitment ceremony. We emphasize the spiritual unity of all churches, faiths and people.
We welcome in dignity and love, people of all races, religions, social backgrounds, lifestyles, and economic levels. We come together in the spirit of Light, Love and Laughter to welcome you in celebrating your union in our sacred setting. Our Tudor building was built in the 1920’s and designed by architect George W. Maher, as a replica of Wimbledon. Maher, a contemporary of Frank Lloyd Wright, is known for his contributions to Chicago architecture.
A Ceremony of Choice
Unity’s loving belief in the indwelling Presence of Spirit in all people makes it a perfect choice for interfaith weddings or commitment ceremonies. Area Unity Ministers are available to perform services. Our facilities may also be used with a minister or celebrant of one’s own choosing.
An Idyllic Outdoor Setting
Along with our unique indoor sanctuary, Unity in Chicago offers a beautifully maintained Tudor style garden and grounds. Fragrant blossoms, graceful brick paths, and a stone fountain surround a period gazebo – a perfect focus for your ceremony.
Creating the wedding of your dreams
Indoor Events include:
- Exclusive use of our fully air-conditioned facility
- Ample free parking
- Sanctuary ~ for ceremonies (seats up to 300 people)
- Sunshine Gallery ~ for photos or small intimate ceremonies
- Dressing rooms for the wedding party
- Sanctuary sound system, including use of keyboard (hourly rate applies)
- Lift for handicapped guests to access
- A Wedding Liaison to ensure a smooth planning process and event
- Garden for photos
Outdoor Events include:
- Gazebo for outdoor ceremonies ~ including setup of chairs
- Garden for photos
- Preparation of grounds including lawn and garden maintenance
- Reservation for Sanctuary and Sunshine Gallery in case of inclement weather